Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Well Hello There, 2O13!

Yesterday was New Year's Eve & honestly, it was the perfect way to close out 2012. Mitch and I were fortunate to spend most of the afternoon with Samboni! We headed out to Lancaster and did a little shopping and then came home to relax before kicking off the evening's festivities. Mitch and I both agreed that we didn't want to throw a party this year, so him and I got spiffed up and headed into the city!

Of course our first stop was the Belvedere. That is one of our favorite bars, mainly because of an amazing bartender; Jamie! Unfortunately that led to a couple of awkward moments, but life goes on. It certainly didn't ruin our night! After a couple of drinks there, we wandered through town and ended up at Marion Court. We had a drink or two and got party hats before heading over to the square to watch the Rose drop! This was our first time there and boy were we surprised at how little it was! The countdown was chanted, kisses were shared and an amazing firework display lit up the sky! We wandered back to Marion Court but decided we should head out of town (especially since people were throwing up all over the bar and bathrooms). We hit up Denny's for a late night breakfast and just enjoyed each other's company. We spent most of our night laughing and holding hands.. I couldn't imagine a better night. I'm very thankful that Mitch works for an awesome supervisor on his new crew and was able to take the night off of work!


Now unfortunately, I'm one of those people that wants to do everything but rarely manages to cross anything off the list. Instead, it seems that I add 5 things a day to it. With the arrival of the new year, I've decided that now is just as good a time as any to make a change. With the whirlwind of this year almost in my rear view mirror, I'm ready to take on 2O13 full speed ahead. With that said, I've created somewhat of a bucket list of things that I WILL accomplish in the next 12 months.
1. Random acts of kindness as often as possible. (Random notes of encouragement, bake goodies or cook a meal for someone, just because, send flowers for no reason).
2. Do some sort of Volunteer work at least once a quarter (i.e. soup kitchen, boys and girls club, etc.)
3. Open a savings account and save at least $100 a month that I will NOT touch ($100 doesn't sound like much, but you have to start somewhere)
4. Incorporate the gym into my routine at least 4 times a week
5. Go camping, fishing and hiking
6. Visit my little brother at least twice this year
7. Take WAY more pictures and create photo albums 
8. Be done with my Christmas shopping by Halloween (except some random odds and ends!-no more stressing!)
9. Spend at least a half hour a day in the Word, and at least one hour on Sundays.
10. Visit Boston, Cape May NJ, NYC and DC
11. Run the Philadelphia Half Marathon in November and at least 3 5k races
12. Learn my way around the kitchen and make at least 2 new recipes a month and keep a recipe box with the good ones! :)

...That's it for now. I'm sure I'll add more as time goes on, but these are DEFINITELY going to get accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment