Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Moving Forward

This seems to be the common denominator in my life lately, which is more of a positive thing than a negative. I had my surgery on June 6th and that was crazy in itself. Mitch took time off of work to be there with me (he was the only one I allowed to be there). I almost walked out of the hospital twice due to being so nervous. I had my appointment with the anesthesiologist 2 days prior to the surgery since I have a heart condition. This appointment did not make me feel any more comfortable being put to sleep.. My risks were a bit scary. I ended up having to fill out a lot of paper work giving Mitch the right to make decisions on my behalf etc. in case anything were to happen to me. The next day, I made sure that my life insurance was up to date and my will. Surgery came and went and I survived, but not without complications.  I had problems waking up from the anesthesia, I ended up with an infection at my surgery site and then a blood infection as well. I will never understand why doctors feel the need to argue with women when it comes to their body. I have been in mine for 25 years, trust me when I tell you that something is wrong. I had to argue with my doctor for 20 minutes for him to cave in and look into my concerns..and that was when he found my infections. This led to antibiotics and injections. Thankfully Mitch has a great memory for this type of stuff and reminded me of my medicine every day.

I beat both of the infections and thought I was good to go but then a pathology report came back showing that I still have precancerous cells. We started monitoring them and they have elevated in the last two weeks so I got shots, injections to my insides and antibiotics. I go back in 2 weeks to see what has happened and then make decisions based off of the results. I'm thankful that this isn't life threatening right now since we are monitoring it so closely.  But this means no gym time until my immune system is up to par.

In other news, Mitch decided that it was time for us to move forward in our relationship so he asked Jeremy to move out. He will be out in the next couple of months. We started painting the house :) so far the living room and stairs are done. I'm doing the hallway tomorrow and dining room next week. Then our room, Office, spare room, kitchen and bathrooms will be done by September! I found new counter tops for the kitchen, hardwood floors for there too. I'm looking at flooring for the upstairs bathroom.  And curtains are the hardest thing to buy! 

I've eliminated people from my life who just have too much drama in their life or are flakey. I'm 25 and don't have time for that. This has made room for new friends:)

All in all, I'm happy. There have been some very rough points in the last couple of months that no one really knows about but I have found that they were blessings. And forgiveness is such a powerful thing. It helps you more than others. (Random tid bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment